30 October, 2006

Non-Haiku Monday


I don't f-ing believe it....

I did it!
I have secretly wanted a tat for years and I never knew what or where and what if my parents find out and blah blah blah.

Well.

Sunday I decided it was ON so I did it! I got a beautiful dragonfly on my right shoulder (Ink by Wayne at Ink Link) (did a great job) (very sweet and talented) (go see him and say I sent you).

I feel so cool - even more than when I got my piercings because this is permanent - for the rest of my life when I see my shoulder I will remember October 29, 2006. Ink day, Freedom day. Independence from worrying so much about what everyone else thinks. Opportunity to be who I really want to be and do things that really matter to me and make me who I am.

A little bit of dreamy, watery colored ink can't change who I am. But it is a permanent reminder not to lose this magic I feel in my life right now...this beautiful certainty and unshakable confidence that I have. It has been hard won, and I love that it is now with me forever.

Thanks, Wayne. I'm sure I am not the only one, but for me, this is more than just a tat! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home