22 September, 2006

Um, hi

Where the hell have I been?

Hmmm, well...let's see what has changed since I last blogged....

Miss Sadie, our beloved cocker spaniel, died. She had a stomach tumor. We still miss her - Meghan still comes home some days and says 'Where Sadie? Sadie no here." And I still cry. Sadie was my first baby - through all the infertility, all the crying and gnashing of teeth and wishing and hoping and praying, and then the lonnnng pregnancy that I never really believed would result in baby, Miss Sadie was there, sleeping right beside me, guarding me from whatever she thought might hurt me. She was fierce for a little dog, and she loved us all.

Molly has grown about 17 inches. She is very tall and thin and just as precious as she can be. Plus, she has an attitude that won't quit and she wants to have a sleepover with her best friend. Zacahary. Yeah, try explaining why not to that one!!

Meghan has grown a lot too, and lost her baby fat - she is cute as a button and seems to be coming out of her debilitating shyness. I have learned so much about myself watching her...

Like how she likes to be the first one there everywhere we go...well, the other day I was coming home from church and when I got here several family members were here (read: Shannon's routine severely disrupted!) and it was CHAOS. I just wanted to walk away. And I realized - damn, Meggie gets that from me! Crazy!

My job is wonderful and fabulous and I love it and I am so busy it is crazy BUT I know I am in a good place right now.

B is doing great - his job is also fabulous and he is very happy...

Weight loss is eh - time to get it back together!! Get back on track!

Writing is eh - who has time or energy?

Of course, since I seem to wake up at 4:30 every morning, I could use that time from 4:30 to 6 to exercise, or write, or do a freaking load of laundry...instead I lay there and look at the clock and calculate how long until I have to get up, how much sleep I lost, how much I got, what my sleep debt for the week is, etc.

Yeah, Ambien, I may be calling you.....

And since it is Friday, the return of Haiku Friday:

The wind blows, chilly
Autumn sneaks in finally
God I hate summer

sfw

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

My sympathy to you and yours, re the lovely Cocker Spaniel. Laura's still not over our Duchess, who died in 1999.

I'm blogging now at http://marvinlindsay.typepad.com/avdat

I expect a Haiku every Friday, even if you don't blog the rest of the week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home