14 February, 2006

Oh, Interweb; Fun with Poodle; Stoked

Oh, Interweb
How I love you and hate you.

People like Amalah, Ellen, Isabel...and all the links you have and all the links YOU have...

You make me wanna be a better blogger. You make me want to quit my job and read blogs all day and write blogs all night. You make me want to spend money I don't have on a website and a webguy and some camera y'all use to capture priceless moments and post to your priceless blogs.

But alas, I'll be here on blogger for a while and my digital camera I already have will have to do and I will have to be my own web guy (I guess that means I pretty much can't fool around with him, then.)

But I DO want to improve my humble blog, so here is my plan.

1. Post.
2. Something funny.
3. No really.
4. Add some cool links.
5. Bury the not cool links.
6. Learn how to put priceless pictures on here.

Maybe one day I will be a "Blog of note."
Maybe one day I will break "Comments"
Maybe one day you will love me.
Maybe you already do and I just need to love myself...

Fun with Poodle
No, not some dog.

As if.

Poodle is really Brian, my soul sister. We **love** Poodle and bask in his attention, and when we don't get it we email him mean things until he responds.

Poodle is getting his PhD in English and I never, ever see him but I miss him like mad. He totally gets me. And I get him. And we are secretly twins.

We had an all-day email conversation that no doubt SHOULD have been accompanied by copious amounts of fine vodka BUT as I was at work and vodka is a starch on my plan (a STARCH for God's sake) and it was about 10 in the morning we, well, I, managed not to get totally stinkin' drunk while emailing the tied-for-coolest gay man I know.

But let me tell you we were FUNNY!

Maybe I need a co-host. Some witty banter. Some back-and-forth on this here blog.

Or maybe a gay guy should be writing it! I mean really, what do I know?

Stoked
OK, you be the judge. What is wrong with snowboarding?
1. You can wear your i-pod while competing.
2. You can tell Bob "The F*^%" Costas that you are "totally stoked" about winning the gold medal.
3. You can appear in FHM magazine.
4. All of the above, and plus, snowboarding!?

Oh, behave!
sfw

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Marvin said...

Given your love for vodka, you might want to check out What your favorite drink says about you .

Bottoms up!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Wow...you mentioned me along with Amalah?

Again...wow.

I use silly and free blogger and wouldn't know how to use any other type of blog format. And for posting pictures...heck, that's easy. Need help? Let me know.

(We have some silly free digital camera that The King got from his job a million years ago. We are hoping that when the baby arrives he will come with his own digital camera.)

I know what you mean...I would love to just quit life and sit around reading blogs all day long. Alas, I must have a job to pay the bills. Which is no fun at all (or a little fun, since work has high speed internet and home does not!)....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home