23 January, 2006

You know, they sell gas lots of places; What the f&^% is wrong with you?; Stubborn

You know...
Yes, I know, they sell gas lots of places. But see, there is this gas station just down the highway from work with the cheapest gas between work and home. Seriously - usually by 2-3 cents, sometimes by as much as 5 or 6 cents. And as much gas as I buy, that works for me.

The last time I stopped there I noticed an odor. It was the smell of old urine.

Now, I am sorry, but that is nasty. I thought about it all the way home. It was not a pervasive odor - just like maybe some old guy got drunk and peed on the ground near where I was standing. But still - pretty skeevy. Pee inside, OK?

Then I forgot about it. And I stopped there today.

OH.MY. GOD.

It smelled like...I don't know what. Pee for days. Sometimes it smelled like animal pee at the zoo. Sometimes, old baby diapers. Sometimes I detected fresh pee. Depending on how hard the wind was blowing, and from which direction, I detected no less than 7 different pee-related smells. It was sickening. I have no idea what was going on but, as you might have discerned from my last post, I am not down with pee.

So I am on the hunt for a new cheap, pee-free gas station.

What the f&^% is wrong with you?
So yesterday at church a young man got up and talked about his Eagle scout project, building a trail at a therapeutic horse farm. He told all about his project and made his pitch for donations, and was very nervous in the way that young men on the brink of manhood are when they know a lot of people are looking at them.

After his main pitch he wasn't sure where to go with it and so Dr. Carl rescued him, and told about all the things he will have to go through to get his Eagle Scout thing and said, "Now when that is all over with, won't your Mom come up here and pin your Eagle on you?"

And it was then - FLASH - that I decided that I DO want another baby and I want a boy and someday I want to pin an Eagle to his uniform.

I came home and told Bob this whole story. And even though he REALLY wants another baby and desperately wants it to be a boy while I have been riding the fence on it for over a year, he looks at me over lunch and says:

"What the f&^% is wrong with you? This is what makes you decide you want a baby?"

I can't explain it - I don't even really like the Boy Scouts all that much what with their policies on gays as leaders, etc. But it was clear as day - I could totally see it happening.

So, we'll see. I need to finish losing weight first - 16.6 pounds down! Woo hoo!

Stubborn
Looks like my new little nephew is as stubborn as the rest of us. He was due on Friday and he is not here yet and my brother is FREAKING out. Keep them in your prayers - Amy and Jason and baby Jamie.

Thanks, guys. Peace out.

sfw

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

Is there any way that you can pay for your gas outside and never have to venture in and smell the pee? Because pee smell is BAD!!

My hubby is an Eagle Scout, and reading this post makes me want to see him in his Eagle Scout uniform. Is that sick of me?

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

The pee smell is outside!!! Ugh!!!

And no, it is not sick - men in uniform ROCK. I keep trying to convince mine to become a fireman but he won't. I guess the danger factors in somehow...

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Molly said...

Hello,
I am just passing through by way of Hola Isabel through Frema (What're Your Looking at.) I enjoyed your JFK quote about liberals as well as your entry about "Enabling vs.Empowering" on your other blog. Those ideas are valid in a variety of circumstances and situations, for example, in my seventh grade class room.

Although I have to admit that when my employers use the term empower, they usually mean that the employees will do more work for the same or less pay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home