27 January, 2006

Utterances, Silly Gene

Utterances
So there are some things I never ever imagined I would hear anyone say.

1. "DO NOT put trash up my underwear!" (Bob to Meggie as she tried to shove some wadded up toilet paper into the leg of his boxers.)

2."I know Mom, it puts terrible nuts on me too." (Molly to me after I complained that traffic "drives me nuts.")

3. "Meggie put me in a FIT!" (Molly complaining about her sister). (Of course).

4. "If you do not put your clothes on RIGHT NOW, you WILL go to school naked!" (Not one of my finer moments).

5. "It's a good thing I can look downder than you can Mommy." (Molly to me after she found her earring on the floor by looking downder than me.)

6. "Look, there is a hooker pulling a bus!" (Molly on the way home upon seeing a bus being towed by a wrecker.)

7. "Let's just leave that hooker here." (Molly upon discovering a clothes hanger in her car seat."

8. E-I-E-I-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Meghan, just to annoy Molly but not saying "O" at the end).

I am sure there are more. We are pretty wacky - I just haven't slept a whole night in 4 1/2 years and my memory ain't what it used to be.

Silly Gene
I think I am missing the silly gene. My kids have it - even Bob has it. I, however, am not silly and I just want to get the job done in the most efficient manner possible, no fuss, no muss, no craziness.

With two very silly girls, I am in trouble!

I am constantly frustrated by their lack of attention to the matter at hand and their ability to dawdle incessantly. Why must we twirl through the grocery store when walking would be just fine? I am sure they are asking me the same question, only in reverse, and my answer is because - we have stuff to do!

Is the stuff we have to do THAT important? Is an extra 5 or 10 minutes in the grocery store really THAT crucial?

How do I get past this? I MUST let them be children - be joyful - be creative - be expressive. I have to figure this out!

sfw

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

I love that the word "hooker" can have so many different meanings. Classic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home