03 November, 2005

Shannon's List

Shannon's List
Who the hell is Craig, anyway?

Back to me. I am presenting my list of newly discovered things that I love. And because you all are my friends, I want you to love them too!

1. Coldplay - OMG where have I been? Their songs are adult (not in a nasty way, pervert, in a good way). Their songs are about really trying to build a life with someone - the good stuff, the bad stuff. Very real. And Chris Martin has a very unusual voice that speaks to me and makes their songs even more authentic.
For example, Fix You (c) Coldplay 2005

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

There is more but I hope you get the picture. AWESOME!

2. Hershey's Take Five Candy Bar - all cravings covered in one candy bar. Pretzels, peanut butter, peanuts, caramel all covered in chocolate. I cannot describe the absolute deliciousness of this candy bar. It is incredible and totally worth the calories.

3. Halloween - Having kids has increased my appreciation for this holiday. They had so much fun and it was so cool to see them excited and I started to remember what that day was like when I was little - eating dinner early (usually something easy like hot dogs or frozen pizza), putting on the costume and getting every little detail right, heading out with Mom and a whole group of neighborhood kids for trick-or-treat, Dad examining the candy when we got home, and then having candy in our lunchboxes for weeks! I hope I am creating some fun memories for the girls. I am inherently fearful of things dressed up as something else, but I did my dead level best on Halloween to just have fun.

4. My friends - I love my friends. They are like family. {Deleted}And Jeff really is not old. So if I gave the impression that he is, I was wrong. He is middle-aged at best.

Now, can we discuss some things I am so over?
1. Hamburger - Read Toxin by Robin Cook. EEEEWWWWWW. Hamburger is nasty and I am not eating it.

2. {Deleted}

3. {Deleted}

4. The CDC board - I am chairing it next year but I am telling you, it will be a miracle if I make it that long. It is a mess.

That'll do it for now.

But if you want to have an awesome afternoon, get you a bag of Take Fives and the new Coldplay CD and chill. You will thank me for it!

sfw

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger The Mom said...

Wow Take 5's sound good! Yum! Coldplay is awesome... I'm glad you've discovered them! I agree that Halloween is so much more fun now that I have kids, and now that the oldest is old enough to really enjoy it. As much as I should read that book just to cross one thing off the list of things I eat (which currently is EVERYTHING), I can't risk hating hamburger. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. That really sucks. I hope the guys is charged with hit and run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home