30 August, 2005

Walking Tour, Freak of the Week, Question of the Day, Deep Down Burning

Walking Tour
So today Catherine and I went on a Walking Tour of Historic Salisbury.

Only we drove. It was a one hour tour. It took over 2 hours.

We learned a lot and some of the historic preservation efforts are truly heroic...it was interesting and wonderful and we were very grateful for the AC in Catherine's car since it was 87 degrees and about 360% humidity. And taking into account how long it took to drive, we figure we'd still be walking if we had actually walked it!

Of course, with all the one way streets, it may have been easier to just walk.

I am going to pretend I did not just think that!!

Freak of the Week
I guess I should start listing some nominees and then explain how the winner won.

And the nominees are...
1. The people who ignored the mandatory evacuations and stayed for the hurricane.
2. Hurricane Katrina
3. Brookelyn Walters, a 26 year old woman accused for faking cancer AGAIN!

And the winner is....
THE PEOPLE WHO STAYED

They put their lives in danger, endangered emergency management personnel who should have been doing something important rather than saving their sorry asses (and, uh, what about the ethical distribution of resources?), and made a choice against all common sense and reason.

Good grief, people. I know riding out a storm can be fun but go with a category II, III at best.

Question of the Day
How do you know, as a loving and responsible pet owner, when the time comes to put a beloved pet to sleep?

I am crying just writing this, but anyway, our Sadie is so old, and she sleeps almost all the time. She has trouble going up and down the stairs and you can tell she is hurting. I have been giving her a baby aspirin, but it is not working as well as it once did.

It will absolutely devastate the girls. Bob will not even discuss it. Every time I talk to my mom she tries to bring it up but I pretend like I don't hear her and change the subject, and I know that if this decision is to be made, and if it is to be done, I will have to be the one to do it.

Can I do it?

Can I not?

Please, people, some guidance or words of wisdom!

Deep Down Burning
I have a deep down burning in my soul to run. Don't know why. Don't know if I can. But I want to.

God help me.


New Feature
New feature on the ol' blog-a-do - that's right -

WACKY WORKDAY WEDNESDAY!

Don't know what that will be...but it'll be wacky! And on Wednesday!!

sfw

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

I've been frustrated too with the people who stayed, but we should take this post by Atrios to heart.

I think a lot of the people who stayed couldn't get out. Even my secretary said this morning, "It costs a lot of money to go to a hotel. I think me and my husband might have tried to ride it out." She's pretty upset about the hurricane because she can really see herself in their shoes.

But there is that group of people who think they've seen it all and are ready to take on anything. Like Lieutenant Dan in Forest Gump, lashed to the mast of his shrimp boat. "Bring it on!" Well, she did. And where are you now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home