17 August, 2005

Big Brother, Flag This!, Question of the Day, The Thing I Can't Remember

Big Brother
Big Brother, in the form of my local grocery store, is watching me. Wanna know how I know?

Well, they have this loyalty shoppers card (you know, you have to have it to get the sale prices). And I use mine faithfully every time I shop. And they have found a way to give me both convenience and the scare of the day.

I opened up my email.

"Your Weekly Specials" from said local grocery store.

And there they were - the 10 items currently on sale that I have purchased most often.

Freaky, let me tell you, to open up your email and have your worst fears confirmed. Let me share my top 10 for this week:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Cheezitz
Pepperidge farm cake
Edy's Ice Cream
Baking potatoes
Artisan Bread
Ground beef patties
Popcorn Fish
Grape Tomatoes
Birds Eye Veggies
Sara Lee Deli meat and Cheese

That is just a weird list. Last week it was milk and diet coke.....

Flag THIS!
Have you noticed at the top of the blogger blogs there is a new little button that says "Flag This" - report objectionable content to blogger.

Ex-CUSE me? Who defines objectionable? Is my blog objectionable? I talk about gay issues, God, AIDS, kids, Harry Potter, Pat Conroy and being overweight. Somehow, I believe that someone, somewhere could find any, or even all, of these topics objectionable.

I am pretty upset about this, and I am going to find out more about their policies on this, but I may end up finding new blog hosting.

NOBODY puts Baby in a corner!!!!

Question of the Day
What is the defining event in your life?

I have not had mine yet, I don't think. I am still waiting to be defined. Maybe I never will be. Or maybe I will be defined over and over, and the events I am thinking about really are defining moments. Maybe there is not just one event...maybe it is a series of events.

One is being a camp counselor in Valle Crucis, sitting on the porch of the conference center, in a rocking chair, listening to James Taylor's Greatest Hits, watching it rain. I said to my fellow counselors, "I want to do this for the rest of my life. How do I do that?" Someone said, "Go to college here."

So I did, and I met Bob and we got married and had the kids and here we are.

But I have never, in 16 years, recaptured that moment.

The Thing I Can't Remember
Good grief. There is something very deep and cool and bloggy I wanted to put here, but I can't remember what it was to save my life.

Arrgghh! Over 30 sucks some days!!!!!!

I'll think of it soon, I am sure, and I will write it in my nerd notebook....

Oh! I just thought of it!!!!

Busted! But Freed...
I got pulled over by a cop this morning - very nice guy, gave me a ticket for my tag and inspection being expired.

I knew it was expired and I have been worrying for weeks that I was going to get pulled over. Now I have been pulled over, gotten a ticket, and I have until October 7 to get it fixed. So I do not have to worry anymore - just show them that I already have a ticket and go on my merry way.

I know, weird way to look at it. But I never promised I was not weird!

Dude!

sfw

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

Oops. I think i flagged your blog. I didn't mean to get you in troubvle. I just clicked on the flag button, thinking I'd get some popup where I could fill out some form, but all that happened was it turned to "unflag." So I clicked on it again. Didn't mean to kill your blog. Honest! You can flag mine, and we'll be even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home