19 July, 2005

Nerd Test, Home Alone, Crash, Question of the Day, The President's On!

I am nerdier than 13% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Nerd Test

You gotta do the nerd test - it is HILARIOUS!!

It seriously cracked me up - I amazed at what I don't know - and don't care that I don't know!

Home Alone
So the girls and I are home alone - for the first time ever! Bob had to take his uncle to have eye surgery and they have to be gone overnight because the surgery is taking place about 3 hours away and Uncle Bob has to be there first thing in the morning to be re-checked.

So me, Molly and Meggie are home alone and we are going to have fun!

We went out for breakfast...We are making brownies this afternoon, then we are having cold sesame noodles and terriyaki chicken and sweet hot pickles for dinner...

Hopefully we can all get to bed at a decent time. We'll see! But it's nice to be home with them and get to set our own schedule and eat what we want and do girly stuff. Not that I'd want to be single forever - I am pretty sure none of us would do well with that scenario!

I would miss Bob too much. The girls would miss him too much. (Aside - Molly has on her "dancing suit" - a pink leotard and pink tights, with the pink dancing skirt on like a cape somehow....she makes me laugh!)


Crash
Yes, someone hit my car. It was a truck. A big flatbed truck that they use to haul concrete trusses. He rolled into me at a stoplight. I don't think his company is too happy with him right now! My trunk is crumply and the bumper is messed up and will probably have to be replaced. I don't know if there is frame damage or not, so I am waiting to hear from the insurance companies about what to do next.

But I am OK, the other driver is OK, and no one else was in either vehicle.

What a PITA! But as long as no one was hurt I am going to count my blessings.

Question of the Day
Is it possible to attract drama?

See, yesterday as I was leaving work, my cell phone started to die because I had not charged it over the weekend. I thought to myself, "I really have to be better about charging this thing - what if I got in an accident and needed to call someone?"

5 minutes later - CRASH!

Was it me putting it out there that attracted it? Was it pre-ordained and I had a premonition? Was it all a coincidence? Karma? BS?

Food for thought...but I'll be careful what I tell myself from now on...only positive messages!!

The President's On
I don't know which comedian it was, my brother says Jeff Foxworthy, who had a bit about "the President's on..." (whining) "...he's on every channel...."
So it has been announced that dub will be sharing with us his choice for the Supreme Court nominee tonight.

Please God, keep Roe v. Wade safe. Give us a moderate, since we know we are not getting a liberal. Give us someone with common sense, since our Congress and Administration seem to be lacking in that department.

Unashamedly, I am a liberal, pro-choice, tax and spend, help the poor, democrat who believes that those who have should be GLAD to help those who don't have....but are trying. Hey, Mr. President, it's hard to get a job when you had to drop out of high school to care for your siblings, parents, or any of a million reasons kids leave school...Instead of having a daddy who could buy you into an ivy league school. It's hard to be a CEO when you can't kick crack or alcohol because there aren't enough treatment beds to go around. Hard to work at Mickey D's when you can't afford a car to get there and it's more important for the government to support the war than mass transit.

Sorry, didn't mean to get all political there...I usually don't because I don't know enough about politics to make an intelligent argument, but I do know that SOMETHING MUST BE DONE.

It will have to be done by the people.

I just don't know what or when. (hmmmmm....Vote. Vote democrat. Vote democrat in 2008.)

**steps down off makeshift soapbox**

Peace out. Hey Jeff.
SFA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home