25 July, 2005

Lance Armstrong, Question of the Day, Mondayitis

Lance Armstrong
What a ride! Good for Lance - unbelievable 7th in a row. Nothing like going out in a blaze of glory.

I am inspired by him. Athlete, Cancer survivor, philanthropist, trend setter.

Not just an athlete - top of his game. Unbelievable. I don't know enough about cycling to be a good judge, but he's beaten everyone else. He is awesome. Focus, discipline. He knows so much about nutrition, about how to use food as fuel to master his sport. he knows how to train to get what he wants. Nothing matters more than that.

I can't imagine. Everything matters to me - I can't focus on just one thing. I don't know how to be self-disciplined. I think I would do better if I made myself a strategic plan, then action steps....treat my life like a business.

I will work on that. No, seriously!

Question of the Day
What causes chemistry between two people? I don't mean necessarily romance, I mean friendship too.

The minute I met Bob, I knew that was it forever.

(In front of my Toyota Starlet in 1991...on our way out to eat with Cris and Lisa. Cris invited Bob and himself along with Lisa and I).

Bob: Hi.
Shannon: Hi.
And that was it - I was a goner.

The minute I met Jeff I knew I wanted to be friends with him.

(Opening conversation at a volunteer mailing event - I was staff, he was volunteer. We were sitting next to one another blathering on about something).
Jeff: Blah blah blah
Shannon: Whatever, Mary.
Jeff: That's Phyllis to you, honey.

On the other hand, I worked with a woman who I really tried to be friends with, but I just couldn't quite connect. I couldn't feel the click.

With Carolyn, I felt the click.

With so many others, no click, no dice. No matter how hard either of us tried, it was doomed to fail.

So how do you know? What is it that exists between two people that makes them friends for life, and does not exist between two other people that make them not click?

Mondayitis
I hate Mondays. It is so hard to get back in the groove. I used to make my Monday to do list before I left on Friday, so at least I would have some direction on Monday morning.

OK, so I am going to go make a list and get some stuff done and feel better about Monday.

Yay!

sfw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home